Long term goals
Our long term goals are:
- Further delineation of the genetic basis of PSC by increasing depth and study sizes with new technologies and extended international collaboration.
- Translation of genetic risk to knowledge about the pathogenesis of PSC by studying genetic risk factors in model systems and biobanked patient material (basic translation of genetics).
- Using genetic and proteomic methods to identify biomarkers for disease activity and early diagnosis of PSC (clinical translation of genetics), and further investigation of molecular biomarkers in early diagnosis of biliary tract cancer.
- To further expand and improve our biobank and patient registry, important in all our research.
- To contribute to the study of PSC in general by stimulating international collaboration
Published Feb. 5, 2014 1:25 PM