Roza Berhanu Lemma
Although I have been developing a wide range of academic interests, due to exposure to a wide range of interdisciplinary fields, my main academic interest is in gene regulation, transcription and epigenetics.
I am interested in molecular, biochemical and genome-wide methods such as ATAC-Seq, ChIP-Seq and RNA-Seq along with analyzing such data. Currently, I am having an increasing interest towards computational biology and its applications in gene regulation. As a result, joining the Mathelier group is a great opportunity to develop new skills and explore the different academic interests that I have.
- Sep. 2015 – Dec.2018: Ph.D. in molecular biology with the title ‘Novel mechanisms controlling the interplay between SUMOylation, chromatin remodeling and transcription — A study of the functional interaction between the SUMO protease SENP1, the chromatin remodeler CHD3 and the pioneer transcription factor c-Myb’ from the department of biosciences (IBV), University of Oslo (UiO)
- Aug. 2013 – Aug. 2015: M.Sc. in molecular biosciences with the title ‘AlkB homologs in metazoans — an applied bioinformatics and experimental DNA/RNA repair study’ from IBV, UiO
- Sep. 2008 – July 2011: M.Sc. in biotechnology with the title ‘Factors influencing micropropagation and somatic embryogenesis of two, Kello and Qulle, cassava varieties’, school of graduate studies, Biotechnology program, Addis Ababa University
- Oct. 2004 – July 2007: B.Sc. in biology (Genetics and molecular biology), Jimma University Ambo College
Previous positions held
- Sep 2015 – Dec 2015: PhD candidate at IBV, UiO
- May 2018 – Aug 2018: Researcher (80%) at IBV, UiO
- July 2011 – Oct 2011: Lecturer at Ambo University
- Aug 2007 – July 2011: Graduate assistant at Ambo University