Researchers at NORMENT have a close collaboration both within the centre and with national and international researchers.
Collaboration across research groups
NORMENT is organized as an efficient cross-disciplinary research centre, where sharing of competence and infrastructure is a key principle. Most if not all research activities depend on a tight integration and efficient use of resources across different research groups. The centre has implemented a "vertical synergy" approach, which integrates the research groups across disciplines. In this way, severe mental illnesses are studied across different levels and by combining different methods, in order to get a complete picture of the mechanisms involved in these complex disorders.
Researchers at NORMENT have several bilateral research programmes with international institutions, both in the European Union and in the USA, and participate in a series of international networks, including:
- COGENT (Cognitive Genomics Consortium)
- ECNP Bipolar Disorders Network
- ECNP Schizophrenia Network
- ENIGMA (Enhancing Neuro Imaging Genetics Through Meta Analysis)
- IMAGEMEND (Imaging Genetics for Mental Disorders)
- International Consortium on Hallucination Research
- PGC (Psychiatric Genomics Consortium)
- PsychDPC (Psychiatric Diagnostic and Prevention Consortium)