Foto: Kirsten Sjøwall
I am a PhD student at Sunnaas Hospital and the Norwegian Centre for Mental Disorders Research (NORMENT). Specifically, I am part of the Translational Psychiatry group at NORMENT - a group that focuses on the relationship between genetic risk, environmental factors and biological variables, and how these are related to clinical disease forms and brain organic relationship in serious mental illness.
My role in the group, and what my PhD entails, is the investigation of pathological brain changes associated with cardiovascular risk factors (CVRs). Using state-of-the-art brain imaging and advanced statistical procedures we can map the brains association to various cardiovascular health markers across the lifespan. Additionally, our efforts to map genetic variants across brain disorders and CVRs will help identify common mechanisms that will have implications for intervention treatment. Interventions targeting cardiovascular health may delay and even prevent pathological brain changes.
- Cardiovascular risk and brain network function
- Changes in brain and cognition throughout the lifespan
- Multimodal brain imaging techniques (sMRI, fMRI, DTI)
- Forensic psychology (various fields)
- 2015-2017: Master of Philosophy in Psychology, specialising in Cognitive Neuroscience, University of Oslo
- 2013-2014: Master of Science in Forensic Psychology, Birmingham City University
- 2010-2013: Bachelor of Science in Psychology, University of Derby
- Fjell, Anders Martin; Chen, Chi-Hua Chen; Sederevicius, Donatas; Sneve, Markus Handal; Grydeland, Håkon; Krogsrud, Stine Kleppe; Amlien, Inge Kasbohm; Ferschmann, Lia; Ness, Hedda; Folvik, Line; Beck, Dani; Mowinckel, Athanasia Monika; Tamnes, Christian Krog; Westerhausen, René; Håberg, Asta; Dale, Anders M & Walhovd, Kristine B (2019). Continuity and discontinuity in human cortical development and change from embryonic stages to old age. Cerebral Cortex. ISSN 1047-3211. 29(9), s 3879- 3890 . doi: 10.1093/cercor/bhy266 Fulltekst i vitenarkiv.
- Maglanoc, Luigi Angelo; Kaufmann, Tobias; Jonassen, Rune; Hilland, Eva; Beck, Dani; Landrø, Nils Inge & Westlye, Lars Tjelta (2019). Multimodal fusion of structural and functional brain imaging in depression using linked independent component analysis. Human Brain Mapping. ISSN 1065-9471. . doi: 10.1002/hbm.24802 Fulltekst i vitenarkiv.