- Osteoporosis and fractures
- Global public health
- Gut microbiota, microbiology
- Drinking water quality, nutrients and environmental contaminants in drinking water
Courses and supervision
- PhD courses: "Register-based Epidemiology" and "Epidemiological methods beyond the basics", "Scientific Writing" (Yangon, Myanmar)
- Quantitative methods (epidemiology) in the International Community Health master’s program
- Courses in community medicine at the medical school (module1)
- Main supervisor of PhD student Frode Eick (project on the use of maternal health care and pregnancy outcomes in undocumented migrants in Norway)
- Co-supervisor of PhD student: Camilla Andreasen (NoFRACT)
- Supervising masterstudents in International Community Health, and medical students in their project assignments.
Cecilie Dahl is a researcher in epidemiology. She is currently engaged in the project «Norwegian Capture the Fracture – NoFRACT», where epidemiologists use register data to measure the effect of an intervention to prevent recurrent fractures in hospitalized patients. In addition she is administering the NOREPOS project "Climate, air pollution and fracture risk" in the Norwegian population.
- Research on gut microbiota at the Department of Environmental Exposure and Epidemiology, Norwegian Institute of Public Health (NIPH).
- In 2014, successfully defended her thesis, with the topic “Drinking water quality and fractures in the Norwegian population” at the NIPH, using data from the Norwegian Epidemiologic Osteoporosis Studies (NOREPOS).
- In 2007, earned a dual master’s degree in epidemiology and global health from Columbia University, and has worked as an epidemiologist in a low-income country (Rwanda), through the Millennium Village/ Access Project.
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology (summa cum laude) from San Diego State University, has worked as a microbiologist in the pharmaceutical industry, and in research
- Tore Midtvedt Award for best abstract at the Norwegian Microbiota Conference (2016)
- Honor Society Membership in Phi Beta Kappa, San Diego State University, United States (2004)
- Vola Mitchell International Scholar in Voluntary Service award from Phi Beta Delta, United States (2004