I currently (as of 2021) hold a postdoctoral position in the Hybrid Technology Hub Organ on chip project (WP6) where I investigate epistemological issues in relation to organ-on-chip technology and precision (personalized) medicine. I also hold a 15% position at the HYBRIDA project, which seeks to develop an ethical framework for organoid research
My interests and competencies match the complexity of problems and the interdisciplinarity of the Centre for Medical Ethics. My education and working experience have three different strands: First, Medicine (Cand.med, MD) and medical general practice, History, Philosophy and Ethics, as well as Journalism.
My interests are often strongest where there is a link between medicine´s conceptual and theoretical understanding of a problem (ontology and epistemology) and very concrete clinical and ethical ramifications. That is, where health care ethics (with concrete, clinical consequences) are influenced by deeper questions and "blind spots" in the philosophy of medicine. Examples of areas where I have contributed academically and/or in the public debate are:
- Personalized (precision) medicine and digital health - PhD thesis: Systems medicine as a theoretical framework for primary care medicine - a critical analysis
- Medicalization and overdiagnosis
- Bipolar disorder and ADHD
- CFS/ME (chronic fatigue syndrome) and other "medically unexplained" disorders (including post-covid syndrome" and "long covid".
- Gender incongruence
- Cosmetic medicine and human enhancement
- I currently hold a 20% teaching position at the Centre for medical ethics, contributing in teaching various classes at The Faculty of Medicine, UiO.
- The Norwegian Association for General Practice Writer Prize (2021)
- Paper of the Year, awarded by Professor Bob Steele, Scottish Cancer Prevention Network (2019)
- The General practice research fund (AMFF) travel stipend, awarded for PhD presentation (2017)
- I have been invited to an expert in The National Institute of Public Health´s building of knowledge about Covid-19 ("Nasjonalt Kunnskapsprogram for Covid-19").
- I am also a member of The Norwegian Directorate of Health´s Academic Council for Personalized medicine (Fagråd for persontilpasset medisin).