Marius Johansen is a research fellow at HELSAM (2020-2024).
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR)
- Menstrual and Bleeding disorders
- Bacterial Vaginosis (and other causes of Vaginal Discharge)
- Hormonal Contraception
- Venereology, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
- Statistics, Health Registers and Epidemiological data
Johansen is the editor of Metodebok for seksuell helse, Norway's largest medical handbook on contraception, STIs and SRHR. Since 2016, he has also been the author and topic expert of venereology in the Great Norwegian encyclopedia (Store norske leksikon).
Marius Johansen is a medical doctor with experience from both the primary and specialist health care services. He was the Senior Consultant at Sex og samfunn, Norway's largest walk-in clinic and center for Sexual and Reproductive Health, for ten years (2011-2020). He has previously worked at the gynecological department at Bærum Hospital and as a general practitioner at Lillestrøm Medical Center.
Johansen teaches Contraception, STIs and other related topics for health care students at several universities and colleges throughout Norway.