- European health care systems, historical and comparative
- Central health administration systems
- Organization and management in the clinic; clinical management and leadership roles
- The physician role, historical and comparative perspectives
- Physicians and management/leadership; physicians as managers/leaders (in the clinic)
- The Executive Master’s program in Health Administration: management
- The Bachelor program in Health Management and Health Economics: management courses
- The international Master’s program in Health Economics, Policy, and Management: Nordic health policy
- Professor of health management (and political science), UiO, since 1987.
- Mag.art., political science, UiO, 1968; dr. philos., UiO, 1983
- Managed the planning of, and was the first director of the Center for Health Administration (est. fall 1986), 1986-1995. Also director 1999-2002.
- Visiting Associate Professor, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 1980-81
- Fulbright-scholar, Yale University 1973-74
- Political science editor for the Ashehougs konversasjonsleksikon (encyclopedia) (last edition) and the two last paper editions of Store norske leksikon (encyclopedia)
- Consulting for health institutions and, to some degree, business companies, since ca. 1990.
- Knight 1. Class of the Royal Norwegian Order of St. Olav, 2002
- Member of the editorial board of the Journal of Management and Marketing in Healthcare since its inception in 2007.
- Formerly member of the editorial board of the Journal of Health, Politics, Policy, and Law
- Board member, the European Health Management Association, 2003-05
- Member of the Hovedkomiteen for norsk forskning 1981-83 and Forskningspolitisk råd 1983-86 (the Government’s science advisory board)
- Member of the Council for social Research under the Norwegian Council for Science and the Humanities and member of the board of the Norwegian Council for Science and the Humanities, 1975-78
Published Apr. 13, 2011 2:45 PM
- Last modified July 17, 2012 2:11 PM