The One Health Lancet Commission
The overall objective of the One Health Lancet Commission is:
To synthesize current evidence on One Health for timely policy translation at local and global levels.
Furthermore, the commission has 5 specific objectives (those will be re-visited with the commissioners and may be re-adjusted):
- To demonstrate the pressing need to re-define One Health in the 21st century;
- To synthesize evidence related to infectious diseases; non-infectious diseases; food security and nutrition from a One Health perspective.
- To actively involve disciplines/actors such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, informatics companies etc;
- To establish a business case for both government and private sector investment in One Health;
- To produce recommendations with regard to key policies, implementation and governance of One Health