Marit Bragelien Veierød
- Application of statistics in medicine
- Measurement errors, missing data and bias in exposure-disease associations in epidemiological studies
- Lifestyle (ultraviolet exposure, diet, body mass) and risk of chronic diseases
- ERN3100 - Kostholdsmetoder, metabolisme og klinisk ernæring
- ERN4110 - Statistikk for masterstudenter i ernæring
- ERN4200 - Ernæringsepidemiologi
- MF9010/MF9010E - Introductory course to the medical Ph.D programme
- MF9130/MF9130E - Introductory course in statistics
- 2000 Ph.D. (Dr.philos.) in medical statistics, Sect. of Medical Statistics, UiO
- 1988 M.Sc. (Cand.scient.) in statistics, Dept. of Mathematics, Univ. of Oslo (UiO)
- 2010-present: Professor, Dept. of Biostatistics/Dept. of Nutrition, UiO
- 2004-2010: Associate Professor, Dept. of Biostatistics/Dept. of Nutrition, UiO
- 2002-2004: Associate Professor, temporary position, Sect. of Medical Statistics/Dept. of Nutrition/Sect. of Health Science, UiO
- 2000-2001: Postdoc, Sect. of Medical Statistics, UiO
- 1994-1999: Research Fellow, Sect. of Medical Statistics, UiO
- 1993: Researcher, Dept. of Epidemiology, Norw. Inst. of Public Health
- 1992-1993: Research Advisor (20%), Sect. of Medical Statistics, UiO
- 1988-1993: Statistician, Medstat Research (a private CRO)
- 1985: Part time position, Cancer Registry of Norway
- 2014-present: Deputy Head, Dept. of Biostatistics
- 2013-present: Substitute Representative, Appointment Committee, Faculty of Medicine
- 2010-present: Chair, Election Board, Faculty of Medicine (member 2006-2009)
- 2005-2007: Head, Dept. of Biostatistics
- 2004-2007: Board member, Inst. of Basic Medical Sciences
- 2002-present: Member, several committees for evaluation of doctoral degrees, positions and promotions to professor, UiO and other universities
Commissions of trust
- 2018: Member, Reference Group, National UV and Skin Cancer Strategy
- 2011-2016: Program board member, Human Biobanks and Registry Data, the Research Council of Norway
- 2011-2016: Member of the Steering Committee, Pilot for National Screening Program for Colorectal Cancer
- 2011-2016: Board member, Cancer Registry Fund
- 2011-2017: Member, Steering Committee, PreNu (Perinatal Nutrition), randomized intervention study
- 2007-present: Member, annual assessment of the public health recommendations on UV exposure, Norwegian Cancer Society
- 2006-2011: Reviewer, Norwegian Cancer Society
- 1995-present: Reviewer, several international scientific journals
- Elected member of the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters
- Norwegian Women and Cancer Study (NOWAC): Professor Torkjel M. Sandanger and Professor Emeritus E. Lund, University of Tromsø.
- Cancer Registry of Norway: Researcher Trude E. Robsahm, Researcher Jo Stenehjem and Researcher Tom K. Grimsrud.
- Norwegian Radiation Protection Authority; Senior Scientist Lill Tove N Nilsen.
- Professor Adele Green, QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute, Queensland, Australia, and CRUK Manchester Cancer Institute, UK.
- Director Elisabete Weiderpass, International Agency for Research on Cancer.
- Partner in WARIFA - Watching the risk factors: Artificial intelligence (AI) and the prevention of chronic conditions (Horizon 2020, GA 101017385).