I am interested in the biological changes associated with neurodegeneration; how does neurodegeneration develop in the brain and how does it affect brain function? Further understanding of these changes can hopefully contribute to better identification, treatment and prevention of neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer's disease.
In my PhD-project I am researching biomarkers for Alzheimer's disease, biological changes associated with the disease that can contribute to better and earlier diagnostics.
- 2018 -
University of Oslo, PhD fellow in Geriatrics and Neuroscience
Norwegian University of Science and Technology, MSc in Neuroscience
"Effect of cerebrospinal fluid from patients with Alzheimer's disease on protein expression in the hippocampal region of a transgenic rat model of Alzheimer's disease"
University of Durham, BSc in Psychology
"The effects of forced fixation on diagnostic and non-diagnostic facial features on emotion identification: Exploring the association with callous-unemotional traits, alexithymia and empathy"
- 2018 - University of Oslo,
PhD fellow in Geriatrics and Neuroscience, Ullevål Dementia Research Group
- 2018 Oslo University Hospital, Maria Korsnes' research group
- 2017 - 2018 Forskerfabrikken
Course leader for two "Researcher"-courses for school children
- 2017 - Bjørknes Høyskole
Supervisor and examinator
- Aksnes, Mari; Tiiman, Ann; Edwin, Trine Holt; Terenius, Lars; Bogdanovic, Nenad; Vukojevic, Vladana & Knapskog, Anne Brita (2021). Comparison of cerebrospinal fluid amyloidogenic nanoplaques with core biomarkers of Alzheimer's disease. Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience. ISSN 1663-4365. 12:608628, s 1- 11 . doi: 10.3389/fnagi.2020.608628
- Aksnes, Mari; Müller, Ebba Gløersen; Tiiman, Ann; Edwin, Trine Holt; Terenius, Lars; Rootwelt-Revheim, Mona-Elisabeth; Vukojevic, Vladana; Bogdanovic, Nenad & Knapskog, Anne Brita (2020). Amyloidogenic nanoplaques in cerebrospinal fluid: Relationship to amyloid brain uptake and clinical Alzheimer's disease in a memory clinic cohort. Journal of Alzheimer's Disease. ISSN 1387-2877. 77(2), s 831- 842 . doi: 10.3233/JAD-200237 Full text in Research Archive. Show summary