- Bowel cancer
- Epidemiology - methods
- Celiac disease
- Registry and big data research
- Causal inference
- Statistical analysis
- Clinical research
My research interests spans a broad range of topics within medicine, reflecting my clinical background as a specialist in general practice. I am particularly interested in epidemiological methodology, causal inference and spent my postdoc time with the causal inference group at Harvard School of Public health. I have extensive experience from big data analyses such as Swedish quality register, national health care registers and the American SEER-Medicare registers.
I teach in the MD program module 8 and I am also responsible for a 2-week elective class (MED3051) at University of Oslo. Further, I also teach EBM and research methodology at the MD programme at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm. Recently I published a postgraduate tutorial methodology paper on how to emulate a randomized trial using observational data in SAGE research methods cases https://methods.sagepub.com/case/impact-statin-survive-cancer-patients-inference-emulate-target-trial
- 2020->: Associate professor, Universitetet i Oslo
- 2019->: Specialist in general practice, Årjängs vårdcentral
- 2015-2019: Postdoc, University of Oslo.
- 2016-2018 Postdoc, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, USA
- 2011 -2019: Specialization in General practice, Vårdcentralen Värmlands Nysäter, Sverige
- 2009-2011: Internship, Arvika, Sverige
- 2017-2018: Certificate in Applied Biostatistics (84 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits TM), Harvard University, The Harvard Catalyst Education Program
- 2013 Oktober: Ph.D, Örebro University, Sverige
- 2003-2008: M.D., Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sverige
- 2001-2002: Music teacher programme, first year, violin, Ingesund School of Music
- 2000-2002: 1 full academic year mathematics (60hp) and one semester chemistry (30hp), Karlstad University
Awarded Best citation award at the 22nd WONCA meeting in Seoul https://cdn1.sph.harvard.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/61/2019/04/HEPI-Newsletter-2019_final-pdf.pdf for the article «Examining Bias in Studies of Statin Treatment and Survival in Patients With Cancer», published in Jama Oncology.
EPoS - European Polyp Surveillance
Klinisk effektforskning https://www.med.uio.no/helsam/forskning/grupper/klinisk-effektforskning/
Mingyang Song https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/mingyang-song/