Call for Abstracts (extended deadline) - One Health in the 21st Century 2021
The Organizing and Scientific Committees are pleased to announce this call for abstracts. Students (master's and PhD), researchers, and practitioners are invited to submit to the very first national conference on One Health. A recognition will be given to the most outstanding student abstract. This conference will, if permissible, be in-person at UiO, otherwise digital.
Important dates and deadlines:
Abstract submission opens: April 12, 2021
Abstract submission closes (deadline): June 15, 2021 – 11:59PM (CEST)
EXTENDED abstract submission closes (deadline): June 30, 2021 – 11:59PM (CEST)
Notifications of abstract acceptance/rejection emailed to presenters: September 15, 2021
Presentation slot emailed to presenters of approved abstracts: October 1, 2021
Presenter change: must be a co-author, not presenting other work, last date for changes: October 20, 2021
The abstract should be rated to any of the four categories listed below. If your abstract fits into more than one category, please indicate your preference.
Category 1: One Health and Infectious diseases
Infectious diseases at the interface between animals, humans and the environment – emergence, virulence and evolution, interactions, interventions, public health, etc.
Category 2: One Health and food systems
Sustainable food production ensuring food security and food safety
Category 3: One Health governance and society
Operationalizing One Health – Communication and engagement with society and stakeholders
Category 4: One Health environment and biodiversity loss
The planet, climate change, pollution and biodiversity loss - challenges to global health
The Scientific Committee have the right to reclassify submitted abstracts into the most appropriate area and will decide if your abstract is accepted for an oral or poster presentation.
Please indicate the presenter of the abstract, as this person will serve as the contact person for future communications. The number of slots for oral presentations is limited. Norwegian-led projects, especially projects taking place in Norway, are encouraged and will be given preference.
- There is no limitation on the number of co-authors.
- Do not insert references, do not re-enter authors names/affiliations in abstract text.
- Please omit figures, tables or graphs in the text.
- If applicable, indicate ethical approval of works with human and animal subjects in the online submission form.
- Abstracts based on 2020/21 published or submitted manuscripts are eligible. Preliminary results of ongoing original research is welcomed.
The following submission requirements apply:
- The abstract should be submitted in English
- Maximum number of words (NOT including authors and affiliations): 250 words
- The abstract should follow this structure:
- Title (maximum 15 words)
- Keywords: 2-5 keywords
Information about abstract submission
- Abstracts can only be registered and submitted online here. Please use the “select file” function to attach/upload your abstract text (PDF format is preferred).
- Please note that, once you have submitted your abstract, there is no way of editing it. However, if you must make changes (before the submission deadline), you can register and upload a new abstract and we can help you to delete the old one. Email us for assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abstract registration and submission is free of charge.
For any questions or issues submitting an abstract, please email: email@example.com