Traumatic brain injury in the chronic phase
Needs and treatment options - a randomized controlled community-based intervention
About the project
The main objective of the study is to examine the long-term treatment needs and the effect of a goal-oriented community-based rehabilitation program for home-dwelling individuals with TBI. In addition, a cost-benefit analysis will be carried out to provide an economic assessment of the intervention. A process evaluation will also be performed regarding how the subjects experience the intervention, and facilitators and barriers, both personal and environmental, in the implementation of the study will be explored.
Norwegian Research Council
The clinical segment will be conducted in collaboration with the Oslo University Hospital and the Sunnaas Hospital; the cost and implementation part with CHARM.
- Long-term employment outcomes following moderate to severe traumatic brain injury: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Brain Injury Aug 2019. DOI 10.1080/02699052.2019.1658222. Gormley M, Devanaboyina M, Andelic N, Røe C, Seel TR, Lu J.
- Randomized controlled trials of rehabilitation services in the post-acute phase of moderate and severe traumatic brain injury - A systematic review. Frontiers in Neurology Jun 2019 ;Volum 10:557. DOI 10.3389/fneur.2019.00557. Røe C, Tverdal C, Howe E, Tenovuo O, Azouvi P, Andelic N.
- Physical and Mental Health Trajectories Across 10 Years After Moderate-to-Severe Traumatic Brain Injury. Brain Injury Mar 2019 ;Volum 33. Suppl. 1 DOI 10.1080/02699052.2019.1608749. Forslund M, Perrin PB, Sigurdardottir S, Røe C, Howe E, Søberg H, Sveen U,Rasmussen M, Andelic N.
- Community-Based Intervention Program in the Chronic Phase of TBI: A feasibility trial for a randomized controlled trial. 13th World Congress on Brain Injury Mar 2019. Borgen, I. M. H., Hauger, S. L., Løvstad, M., Røe, C., Forslund, M., Sigurdardottir, S., Winter, L. & Kleffelgård, I.
- Global Outcome Trajectories up to 10 Years After Moderate to Severe Traumatic Brain Injury. Frontiers in Neurology 2019. DOI 10.3389/fneur.Mar 2019.00219. Forslund, M, Perrin, PB, Røe, C, Sigurdardottir S, Hellstrøm T, Berntsen, S, Lu J, Arango-Lasprilla JC, Andelic N.
- Physical Therapy Use Probabilities Across 10 Years After Moderate-To-Severe Traumatic Brain Injury. Brain Injury Mar 2019; Volum 33. Suppl. 1 DOI 10.1080/02699052.2019.1608749. Andelic N, Perrin PB, Søberg H, Sigurdardottir S, Howe E, Berntsen S, Howe E, Rasmussen M, Røe C, Forslund M.
- Trajectories of occupational therapy and speech therapy use across 10 years after moderate-to-severe traumatic brain injury. Brain Injury Mar 2019 ;Volum 33. Suppl. 1 DOI 10.1080/02699052.2019.1608749. Forslund M, Perrin PB, Sveen U, Sigurdardottir S, Howe E, Berntsen S, Howe E, Røe C, Andelic N.
- Employment probability trajectories up to 10 years after moderate-to-severe traumatic brain injury. Frontiers in Neurology Dec 2018 ;Volum 9. DOI 10.3389/fneur.2018.01051. Howe E, Andelic N, Perrin PB, Røe C, Sigurdardottir S, Arango-Lasprilla JC, Lu J, Løvstad M, Forslund M.
- "It gets better. It can´t be worse than what we have been through." Family accounts of the minimally conscious state. Brain Inj. 2018;32(13-14):1659-1669. doi: 10.1080/02699052.2018.1539244. Epub 2018 Oct 23. Løvstad M, Solbrække KN, Kirkevold M, Geard A, Hauger SL, Schanke AK.
- Disability and quality of life 20 years after traumatic brain injury. Brain Behav. 2018 Jun 11:e01018. doi: 10.1002/brb3.1018. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 29888869. Andelic N, Howe EI, Hellstrøm T, Sanchez MF, Lu J, Løvstad M, Røe C.