On the concept of disease
The concept of disease is one of the most basic concepts in health care with both factual and normative aspects, and important practical implications. A disease merits scientific scrutiny, health care attention, relief from social obligations (work), justification of economic support, as well as relief from moral obligation (family).
About the project
This project is a subproject of Philosophy of medicine.
- To analyze and clarify the normative and factual, the social and scientific, aspects of human ailment.
- To study various dimensions of human ailment, such as illness, sickness and disease.
The project started as a PhD project funded by the Norwegian Research Council in 1998.
- Sickness dynamicks
- Technology and disease
- Disease, Illness and Sickness
- Existensial aspects of human ailment
- Normal and natural in human and veterinary medicine (with Henrik Lerner, Linköping University)
Start - Finish
March 1 1998 – December 2020