- Assessing the role of water channel molecules (aquaporins) in the development of brain edema and in the regulation of ion homeostasis in brain extracellular fluid.
- Unraveling the mechanisms responsible for development and loss of astrocyte polarity under physiological and pathological conditions such as epilepsy, stroke and Alzheimer.
- Exploration of the composition and function of the brain extracellular matrix proteins and their instructive role in membrane specialization of neural cells and integrity of the blood-brain-barrier.
- Exploration of mechanisms involved in the formation of beta-amyloid in aging and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Exploration of novel mechanisms of disease and treatment for Parkinson’s disease.
Published Feb. 22, 2011 6:28 PM - Last modified Apr. 19, 2011 1:17 PM