Head of Research - Division of Medicine
- Granting from Eurostars in 2020 for 'WATCH IT'. Grant administrated by The Research Council of Norway.
- Granting from Eurostars in 2020 for 'PILLOXA'. Grant administrated by The Research Council of Norway.
Climate and Cardiovascular Health (EU-Horizon grant “EXHAUSTION” – partner)
- BETAMI trial (BETAMI: BEta-Blocker Treatment after Acute Myocardial Infarction in revascularized patients with preserved left ventricular systolic function)
- Prevention of reperfusion injury in myocardial infarction
- Troponin - both molecular and clinical aspects
- "FIRE"-trial: Chair of study in patients with myocardial infarction
- EU-FP7, MITOCARE: Head of clinical trial consortium to study patients with myocardial infarction
- Atrial fibrillation - pharmacotherapy
Teaches the entire spectrum of Cardiology at all levels (pregraduate / postgraduate)
Higher education and employment history
- Board-certified specialist in Cardiology and Internal Medicine from Denmark and Switzerland.
- Visiting Associate Professor of Cardiology at The Johns Hopkins Unversity, Baltimore, MD, USA
- One of the 25 researchers working at Norwegian institutions who are on the list of the world's most quoted researchers. Khrono 2019
- Ranked as one of the 12 most quoted researchers in Norway. November 2016.
- Doctor honoris causa, Universitet Bucharest. June 2016
- Researcher of the month, Helse SørØst, March 2015
- Norsk Cardiologisk Selskap’s vitenskapelige pris «Ole Storsteins Pris» 2014
- Best teacher/lecturer 2014 (5th and 6th semester, Medicin, UiO)
- Research prize winner of the ISHR (Int. Soc. Heart Research), 1994
- Winner of the Swiss Heart Foundation Research Prize in 1995
- Research Prize of the Danish Society of Internal Medicine, 1994
Editor-in-Chief Cardiology, since 1.1.2019
Elected Treasurer/Secretary of the ESC, 2018-2020
- Associate Editor, European Heart Journal – Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy
- Vice-President of the ESC Board 2014-1016
- Councillor of the ESC Board, 2012-2014
- Treasurer and member of the Board: NCS (Norwegian Society of Cardiology)
- Previous Chairman of Working Group Pharmacotherapy under the ESC (Euorp.Soc.Cardiology)
- Member of the CPC (Congress Program Committee under ESC
- Member of the Guideline Writing Committee for "ESC 2012 STEMI Guideline" and for the "ESC/AHA/ACC/WHF Global Definition of MI" Guideline
- Previous Guidelines committee memberships: ESC 2010 Atrieflimmer, ESC 2008 Heart Failure
- Member of the Steering Committee of the CHFR (Center for Heart Failure Research, Oslo)
- Assoc. Editor: "Cardiology"
- University of Texas, Houston. (Prof. Jochai Birnbaum)
- Sydney University (Prof. Tony Keech)
- The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA (Assoc.Prof. V. L. Serbruany)
- Zurich Universitetshospital (Prof. T. F. Lüscher)