The Deputy Deans and I aim to improve the quality of research and teaching at the faculty. A key task for us in order to achieve this goal, is to enable our co-workers to develop both themselves and their fields of expertise.
My main area of research has been within the fields of neuroimmunology and transplantational immunology, with a focus on B-lymfocytes, bone marrow cells, multiple sclerosis and T-lymfocytes.
Elected Dean at The Faculty of Medicine 2011 - 2014.
- Head of Institute of Clinical Medicine (2010)
- Head of Faculty Division Rikshospitalet (2006 - 2009)
- Specialist in Immunology and Transfusion Medicine
- Professor of Immunology since 1990
- MD in 1975, PhD in 1984 at University of Oslo
I have published more than 100 articles and supervised eight PhD candidates.
Since 1978 I have worked at Rikshospitalet in various positions, among other things as Research Fellow, Head of Department and Head of Clinic. I have been member of numerous adjudication committees evaluating PhD dissertations and academic positions.
- Member of The Novo Nordic Foundation (2000 - 2009)
- President of The Norwegian Society for Immunology (1999 - 2002)
- Member of EU Expert Committee on Biomedical Research (1989 - 1992)