The Deputy Deans and I aim to improve the quality of research and teaching at the faculty. A key task for us in order to achieve this goal, is to enable our co-workers to develop both themselves and their fields of expertise.
My main area of research has been within the fields of neuroimmunology and transplantational immunology, with a focus on B-lymfocytes, bone marrow cells, multiple sclerosis and T-lymfocytes.
Elected Dean at The Faculty of Medicine 2011 - 2014.
- Head of Institute of Clinical Medicine (2010)
- Head of Faculty Division Rikshospitalet (2006 - 2009)
- Specialist in Immunology and Transfusion Medicine
- Professor of Immunology since 1990
- MD in 1975, PhD in 1984 at University of Oslo
I have published more than 100 articles and supervised eight PhD candidates.
Since 1978 I have worked at Rikshospitalet in various positions, among other things as Research Fellow, Head of Department and Head of Clinic. I have been member of numerous adjudication committees evaluating PhD dissertations and academic positions.
- Member of The Novo Nordic Foundation (2000 - 2009)
- President of The Norwegian Society for Immunology (1999 - 2002)
- Member of EU Expert Committee on Biomedical Research (1989 - 1992)
- Tomescu-Baciu, Alina; Johansen, Jorunn; Holmøy, Trygve; Greiff, Victor; Stensland, Maria; De Souza, Gustavo Antonio; Vartdal, Frode & Lossius, Peter Andreas Vold (2019). Persistence of intrathecal oligoclonal B cells and IgG in multiple sclerosis. Journal of Neuroimmunology. ISSN 0165-5728. 333:576966, s 1- 7 . doi: 10.1016/j.jneuroim.2019.576966 Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Høglund, Rune Alexander; Polak, Justyna; Vartdal, Frode; Holmøy, Trygve & Lossius, Peter Andreas Vold (2018). B-cell composition in the blood and cerebrospinal fluid of multiple sclerosis patients treated with dimethyl fumarate. Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders. ISSN 2211-0348. 26, s 90- 95 . doi: 10.1016/j.msard.2018.08.032 Full text in Research Archive.
- Tomescu-Baciu, Alina; Vartdal, Frode; Holmøy, Trygve; Vedeler, Christian A. & Lossius, Peter Andreas Vold (2018). G1m1 predominance of intrathecal virus-specific antibodies in multiple sclerosis. Annals of clinical and translational neurology. ISSN 2328-9503. 5(10), s 1303- 1309 . doi: 10.1002/acn3.642 Full text in Research Archive.
- Lossius, Peter Andreas Vold; Tomescu-Baciu, Alina; Holmøy, Trygve; Vedeler, Christian A.; Røsjø, Egil Rørvik; Lorentzen, Åslaug Rudjord; Casetta, Ilaria & Vartdal, Frode (2017). Selective intrathecal enrichment of G1m1-positive B cells in multiple sclerosis. Annals of clinical and translational neurology. ISSN 2328-9503. 4(10), s 756- 761 . doi: 10.1002/acn3.451 Full text in Research Archive.
- Lossius, Peter Andreas Vold; Johansen, Jorunn; Vartdal, Frode & Holmøy, Trygve (2016). High-throughput sequencing of immune repertoires in multiple sclerosis. Annals of clinical and translational neurology. ISSN 2328-9503. 3(4), s 295- 306 . doi: 10.1002/acn3.295 Full text in Research Archive.
- Johansen, Jorunn; Vartdal, Frode; Desmarais, Cindy; Tutturen, Astrid Elisabeth Voorham; De Souza, Gustavo Antonio; Lossius, Peter Andreas Vold & Holmøy, Trygve (2015). Intrathecal BCR transcriptome in multiple sclerosis versus other neuroinflammation: Equally diverse and compartmentalized, but more mutated, biased and overlapping with the proteome. Clinical Immunology. ISSN 1521-6616. 160(2), s 211- 225 . doi: 10.1016/j.clim.2015.06.001
- Lossius, Peter Andreas Vold; Johansen, Jorunn; Vartdal, Frode; Robins, Harlan; Saltyte Benth, Jurate; Holmøy, Trygve & Olweus, Johanna (2014). High-throughput sequencing of TCR repertoires in multiple sclerosis reveals intrathecal enrichment of EBV-reactive CD8+ T cells. European Journal of Immunology. ISSN 0014-2980. 44(11), s 3439- 3452 . doi: 10.1002/eji.201444662
- Vold, Lossius Peter Andreas; Johansen, Jorunn; Torkildsen, Øivind; Vartdal, Frode & Holmøy, Trygve (2012). Epstein-Barr Virus in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Multiple Sclerosis—Association and Causation. Viruses. ISSN 1999-4915. 4(12), s 3701- 3730 . doi: 10.3390/v4123701