Clinical and experimental pulmonary medicine
Our group conducts experimental and clinical research to study effects of hypoxia and other pulmonary diseases on heart and lungs.
We are focused around:
- Hypoxia. Experimental and clinical research focused on effects of alveolar hypoxia on the organism, and mechanisms involved in hypoxia-related conditions. Cell-, animal-, and clinical studies. Evaluation and treatment of patients suffering from hypoventilation.
- Training and respiratory physiology. Training of patients suffering from various diseases, with special emphasis on patients surgically treated for lung cancer, and effect of various diseases and treatment strategies on cardio-respiratory Fitness.
- Allergy. Clinical and biochemical effects of specific immunotherapy.
- Ultrasound. Can ultrasound be used to monitor the respiration through continuously monitoring the movements of the diaphragm?
- The Institute for Experimental Medical Research (IEMR), OUS/UiO
- Research Institute for Internal Medicine, OUS/UiO
- Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, OUS
- Division of Pulmonary Diseases, Geneve, Sveits
- Respinor, Eurostars project
- The role of inflammasomes and related cytokines in the development of pulmonary hypertension cardiac dysfunction
- Long-term effects of intensive training after lung cancer operation.
- Penicillin allergy de-labeling of patients with false diagnosis of penicillin allergy. A tool for choosing correct antimicrobial treatment and reducing antimicrobial resistance.
- Monitoring non-invasive ventilation; what should be the basic tools?
- Information to children with one parent with cystic fibrosis
- A double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled cross over study of inhaled alginate oligosaccharide (OligoG) administered for 28 days in subjects with Cystic Fibrosis.
- Ultrasound for monitoring respiration. Eurostars project E!9525 DiaMon