Pain Research Group
The Pain Research Group consists of several sub-groups working in different fields of pain research.
About the group
We try to combine studies in pain epidemiology, experimental pain and clinical pain research. Topics of special interest are the individual difference in pain sensitivity, pain pharmacology and mechanisms in general, mechanisms of neuropathic pain, and mechanisms involved the transition from acute to chronic pain.
These topics are studied in a variety of models, from large community-based studies to smaller studies in the perioperative period and in experimental human models.
- Folkehelseinstituttet, Christopher S. Nielsen and Olöf–Anna Steingrimsdottir
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Professor R.B. Fillingim and Kim T. Sibille
- Vanderbilt University, Tennesse, Professor Stephen Bruehl.
- Lovisenberg sykehus, Nina Solheim, Thorleif Lorentsen
- Karolinska Institutet, Camilla Svensson
- NTNU, Professor Petter C Borchgrevink
- Universitetet i Nord-Norge, Institutt for samfunnsmedisin
- Universitetssykehuset i Nord-Norge