- Intensive care pain treatment, sedation and delirium
- Implementation Research
- Preparing and responsible for course GERSYK4102 – Advanced Clinical Geriatric Nursing – unstable patients, autumn 2016
- Postdoc 2013-dd
- PhD 2013 ‘The significance of a systematic approach in intensive care pain treatment and sedation’
- MNSc (2003) Master thesis ‘Nutrition of the critically ill patient and effects of implementing a nutritional support algorithm in ICU.
- Intensive care nurse from 1990
- Positions: From 2013 postdoc 50% at the Division of Emergencies and Intensive. PhD student 50% at the same place between 2008-2012, together with working as an ICU nurse and research nurse from 1994 at the same department.
- ICU nurse of the year 2008 in Norway
- Member of the Regional Committees for Medical and Health Research Ethics, Committee B since 2013
- Centre for Research in Intensive Care (CRIC) Copenhagen, Denmark
- PhD student Helene Berntzen: Pain and wakefulness during a strategy of analgo-sedation: nurses` assessments and interventions and patients` experiences – a field study
- PhD student Antonija Petosic: The effect of ICU quality indicators as A&F by using social media to approach intensive care practice according to international recommendations
- PhD student Kari Sørensen: “Just a little needle stick” Pain and fear in children (5-12 y) with rheumatic diseases that requires medical treatment with repeated needle-injections
- Master student Ruth Kristine Vik: Juvenile Idiopatic Arthritis” and quality of life in children
Petosic, Antonija; Sunde, Kjetil; Beeckman, Dimitri; Flaatten, Hans & Wøien, Hilde (2019). Use of social media for communicating about critical care topics: A Norwegian cross-sectional survey. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica.
63(10), s 1398- 1405 . doi:
Full text in Research Archive.
Berntsen, Helene; Bjørk, Ida Torunn & Wøien, Hilde (2018). "Having the compass - drawing the map": Exploring nurses' management of pain and other discomforts during use of analgosedation in intensive care. Nursing Open.
. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/nop2.227
Full text in Research Archive.
Berntzen, Helene; Bjørk, Ida Torunn & Wøien, Hilde (2018). Pain relieved, but still struggling”—Critically ill patients experiences of pain and other discomforts during analgosedation. Journal of Clinical Nursing (JCN).
27(1-2), s e223- e234 . doi:
Collet, Marie O.; Caballero, Jesús; Sonneville, Romain; Bozza, Fernando A.; Nydahl, Peter; Schandl, Anna; Wøien, Hilde; Citerio, Giuseppe; van den Boogaard, Mark; Hästbacka, Johanna; Haenggi, Matthias; Colpaert, Kirsten; Rose, Louise; Barbateskovic, Marija; Lange, Theis; Jensen, Aksel; Krog, Martin B.; Egerod, Ingrid; Nibro, Helle L.; Wetterslev, Jørn & Perner, Anders (2018). Prevalence and risk factors related to haloperidol use for delirium in adult intensive care patients: the multinational AID-ICU inception cohort study. Intensive Care Medicine.
44(7), s 1081- 1089 . doi:
Wøien, Hilde; Værøy, Henning; Aamodt, Geir & Bjørk, Ida Torunn (2014). Improving the systematic approach to pain and sedation management in the ICU by using assessment tools. Journal of Clinical Nursing (JCN).
23(11-12), s 1552- 1561 . doi:
Wøien, Hilde; Balsliemke, Stephan & Stubhaug, Audun (2013). The incidence of delirium in Norwegian intensive care units; deep sedation makes assessment difficult. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica.
57(3), s 294- 302 . doi:
Wøien, Hilde & Bjørk, Ida Torunn (2012). Intensive care pain treatment and sedation: Nurses' experiences of the conflict between clinical judgment and standardized care: An explorative study. Intensive & Critical Care Nursing.
Wøien, Hilde; Stubhaug, Audun & Bjørk, Ida Torunn (2012). Analgesia and sedation of mechanically ventilated patients - a national survey of clinical practice. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica.
56(1), s 23- 29 . doi:
Sørensen, Kari & Wøien, Hilde (2011). Vurdering av smertelindring og sedasjon hos barn på respirator ved hjelp av Comfort Scale :. Sykepleien Forskning.
(1), s 80- 89 . doi:
Wøien, Hilde & Bjørk, Ida Torunn (2006). Nutrition of the critically ill patient and effects of implementing a nutritional support algorithm in ICU. Journal of Clinical Nursing (JCN).
15, s 168- 177
View all works in Cristin
Published July 11, 2016 4:18 PM
- Last modified Mar. 24, 2020 9:13 AM