The postdoctoral programme is open for external applicants
External applicants can now also participate in the postdoctoral programme. – It is a fantastic meeting place across disciplines, says Eivind Engebretsen, Vice-Dean of Postgraduate Studies.
Monika Janfelt is holding the course Leadership course 1: Career development at the Postdoctoral programme. Photo: Øystein Horgmo/UiO
Since its inception in 2016, more than 200 postdoctoral fellows have attended courses in the programme.
Originally, the programme was developed for young researchers at the Faculty of Medicine (MED), but there has been great demand from external applicants, especially the hospitals.
– From autumn 2019, we will therefore open our courses for our partners for a small course fee for attending leadership courses 1 and 2. The programme is a fantastic meeting place across disciplines, which will be strengthened even more by a broader applicant group, says Eivind Engebretsen, Vice-Dean of Postgraduate Studies at the faculty.
The autumn courses are open for registration in week 19. They will still be free for researchers at MED.
The career development programme, which started in 2016, is the first of its kind, and has become a flagship of competence and career development for young researchers.
The programme provides tailored support for the academic careers of the participants, and prepares them for complex work within and outside of academia.
The previous courses have had long waiting lists, and the evaluations have been very good.
Expanding the offer
– We see that this is competence development that is sought after by modern researchers. In order to accommodate the huge interest, we are working on expanding the offer of the programme, which will include several specialisation modules, an alumni programme and masterclasses that will also be open to PhD students, says Engebretsen.
Today, the programme consists of three courses; Leadership course 1: Career development, Leadership course 2: Research management and supervision, and How to attract external funding.
The courses are held every semester. In addition, the programme organises mentoring groups for postdocs.
The courses for the next semester are now open for registration!
- Leadership course 1: Career development – Application deadline: 1 July.
- Leadership course 2: Research management and supervision – Application deadline: 1 September.
- How to attract external funding – Application deadline: 29 September.
- Group mentoring scheme – Application deadline: 8 July.