The institute is led by the Head of Institute Terje P. Hagen
Deputy of the Institute: Jørund Straand
The Institute has an Institute Board that advises the Institute's management.
Head of Institute
The Head of Institute reports to the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine, is responsible for the Institute's total activities, has employer's responsibility for all employees, and direct personnel responsibility for Head of Departments. The Head of Institute leads and coordinates development of the Institute's research, dissemination, teaching resources and other academic activities.
Head of Departments
- Community Medicine and Global Health: Tone Kristin Omsland
- General Practice: Jørund Straand
- Health Management and Health Economics: Eli Feiring
- Interdisciplinary Health Sciences: Kari Nyheim Solbrække
- Medical Ethics: Reidar Pedersen
- Nursing Science: Ragnhild Hellesø
Head of Administration
Head of Administration Knut Tore Stokke reports to the Head of Institute. The Head of Administration leads and coordinates administrative functions and resources, including personnel and finance management, has personnel responsibility for employees in the administration.