Nina Køpke Vøllestad
My scientific interest is primarily related to musculoskeletal disorders; their underlying mechanisms and how they are related to functioning. Over the last years I have become increasingly interested in the underlying mechanisms of recovery through rehabilitation and treatment. Currently, most of my time is spent on a large project (FYSIOPRIM) investigating several aspects of musculoskeletal disorders and treatment in primary care. This has led me to also take part in research on priority setting, decision making and health care research. My research spans from physiological mechanisms, through studies of effectiveness and health economics, to studies of methodological properties.
We have recently established a large database based on a comprehensive electronic data capture from patients in primary care. This will allow us to analyse clinical trajectories through and following their treatment period. We will analyse prognostic factors for improvement, as well as factors having an impact on the clinical course.
I am also involved in Center for Sustainable Healthcare Education as a work package leader.
- Master programme in Interdisciplinary Health Science
- Introductory course to the medical Ph.D program, INTRO I (MF9010/MF9010E)
- Ph.d (Dr. scient.) University of Oslo (1985)
- Professor, Dep of Insterdisciplinary Health Science, University of Oslo (2019 - now)
- Chair, Institute of Health and Society, University of Oslo (2015-2018)
- Professor and Head of Dep of Health Sciences, University of Oslo (2004-2014)
- Professor and Head of Section for Health Science, University of Oslo (1995-2003)
- Researcher/Senior scientist at the NIOH (Dep. of Physiology), Oslo (1985 - 1995)
- "Ryggprisen” (The back prize) from the Norwegian Association for Back Research (2007)
- On behalf of the department: The prize for outstanding quality of education from the Ministry of Higher Education and Research (2011)
- Member of the board for the Faculty of Medicine, Univ of Oslo (2011-2014)
- Member of Scientific Advisory Board for the Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre, Keele University, UK (2011 - 2012)
- Vice-member of the board for Oslo University College (2007-2011)
- Associate Editor for BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders (2009 - 2014)
- Member of the Ethics Committee of the Norwegian School of Sport Sciences (2009 - 2011)
- Chair of the National Council for Health Sciences (a subgroup within The Norwegian Association of Higher Education) (2004 - 2011)
See the specific projects