Anne Cathrine (Annetine) Staff
- Pregnancy biomarkers and health outcome for mother and offspring
- Molecular understanding of pregnancy complications (including preeclampsia and diabetes) and placental dysfunction
- Pregnancy complications and future health of mother and offspring
- Molecular understanding of ovarian cancer development (including borderline tumors) as well as other gynaecological malignancies
- Urogynaecology, improving preoperative and per operative assessments predicting postoperative urinary incontinence
- Biobank-based/ translational research, combining clinical and basic research
Annetine Staff combines work as full-time Professor I at UiO (from 2015) and part time as Consultant and Head of Research (from 2016) at the Division of Gynaecology and Obstetrics at Oslo University Hospital.
Professor Staff is currently the head of the Research Center of Obstetrics and Gynecology (established in 2006 at location Ullevål), leading 13 members of own placenta/preeeclampsia research group and 30 other employees at PhD or senior research level at Oslo University Hospital, Division of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
Professor Staff received a medical doctor (MD/PhD) degree at the University of Oslo in 1987, and became in 1996 a certified Norwegian specialist in Gynecology and Obstetrics.
Her dissertation for the PhD thesis in medicine at the Medical Faculty, University of Oslo was in 2000, with the title "Preeclampsia and uteroplacental tissues: lipids, oxidative stress, and trophoblast invasion".
She was co-chair and acting chair of the Regional Committee for Medical Research Ethics, Southern Norway, from 2001-2006.
She is co-editor and author of a Norwegian national research handbook: “Forskningshåndboken, fra idé til publikasjon”, available electronically in English version as well as Norwegian.
She was Director of Research and Development, Regional Health Authorities of South-Eastern Norway in 2009-10.
She has supervised 12 students to completed PhD in Medicine at the University of Oslo (2007-18), and is currently supervising 10 PhD students (3 as main supervisor) and 3 students at The Medical Student Research Program at UiO ("forskerlinje").
- 2013: "IFPA (International Federation of Placenta Associations) Award in Placentology (2013)," acknowledging outstanding contributions to the field of placentology, including the relationship with fetus and mother by established investigators. "
- 2006: Ullevål University Hospital Knowledge Award, for work on The Research Handbook.
- 2003-08: Director's reward for outstanding research, Ullevål University Hospital
- 1998-99: 4 awards for best lecture / abstract at international (2) and national (2) research meetings
- Vice President ISSHP (International Society for the Study of Hypertension in Pregnancy) 2012-16. Norwegian Representative in the Executive Committee of ISSHP (ongoing)
- Leader/Spokesperson of EPG (European Placenta Group) 2011-16
- Representing EPG on the IFPA (International Federation of Placenta Associations) Executive Committee (ongoing)
- Member of Editorial board: HYPERTENSION and Pregnancy Hypertension: An International Journal of Women's Cardiovascular Health (ongoing)
- Member of Executive and Steering Committee of Global Pregnancy CoLaboratory
- Head of the Obstetrics and Gynaecology committee of the Norwegian national publishing committee in Medicine (2011-)
- Head of the Clinical research advisory committee (Forskningsutvalget), Division of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Oslo University Hospital
- PreventADALL consortium (partners in Sweden, Switzerland, Australia, Great Britain, Finland and Norway)
- Hilary Gammill and Sami Kaanan, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
- Christopher Redman and Antoniya Georgieva, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
- Global Pregnancy CoLaboratory (USA, Canada, Europe, project cooperation with 28 international PI)
- Ralf Dechend and Florian Herse, Franz-Volhard-Clinic, Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Department of Cardiology, Berlin, Germany
- Frans Claas, Sicco Scherjon, Leiden, Nederland
- Rebecca Troisi, National Cancer Institute, USA
- Harvey Kliman, Yale University, USA
National collaboration, Norway
- Karin C. Lødrup Carlsen, Division of Paediatric and Adolescent Medicine OUS and UiO: The PreventADALL study
- Jens-Petter Berg, OUS and UiO
- Torbjørn Omland, UiO and Ahus
- Judith Staerk, NCCMM, UiO
- Kjetil Tasken, Biotechnology Center, UiO
- Ben Davidson, Oslo University Hospital (OUH), Pathology Clinic (Norwegian Radium Hospital).
- Borghild Roald, Gitta Turowski, Sigrid Bjørnstad, OUH, Pathology Clinic
- Dan Atar, Kristin Angel, Thomas von Lueder, Department of Cardiology, Oslo University Hospital
- Hanne Stensheim/Tom Grotmol, Cancer Registry of Norway
- Håkon Gjessing, Grace Egeland, Norwegian Institute of Public Health
- Institute for Experimental Medical Research, UiO
- Jone Trovik, Haukeland University Hospital, UiB
- Linda Tømmerdal Roten, NTNU/St. Olav, Trondheim
- Ane Gerda Zahl-Eriksen, Tone Skeie Jensen, Department of Gynaecological Cancer, OUS
- Goran Petrovski: Department of Ophthalmology , OUS