Infectious Diseases and Microbiology, Ahus
Our group performs research on a variety of topics related to infections. We consist of researchers from the Department of Infectious Diseases and Department of Microbiology and Infection Control as well as two researchers from Epigen.
Areas of research
- Molecular epidemiology of infectious diseases
- Staphylococcus aureus infections – bloodstream infections and orthopaedic implant-associated infections
- Next generation sequencing – whole genome sequencing, metagenomics, rapid diagnostics
- Antibiotic resistance – antibiotic-saving measures, epidemiology, mathematical modelling, resistome analyses of the gut microbiota
- Microbiome – the gut microbiome in inflammatory bowel diseases, host – microbiome crosstalk, resistome
- Human papilloma virus – National HPV Reference lab
- Clinical translational research – collaboration with clinical departments on topics where infections play an important role
The group collaborates with a range of regional, national and international research groups.