Medical innovation saves lives – every day.
Innovation is one of the cornerstones on which the faculty builds its activities. Examples of medical innovation include:
- New areas of application for drugs
- New drugs
- New treatment methods
- Ambulance-attended opioid overdoses Nov. 21, 2018
- NCMM group leaders awarded funding from the Norwegian Cancer Society Oct. 31, 2018
- The innovation programme SPARK Norway: Get inspired and apply Oct. 17, 2018
- A Google map of the brain Oct. 8, 2018
The Centre for Digital Life Norway (DLN) is a national centre for biotechnology research and innovation. The centre is run by the Norwegian University of Science and Technology in close partnership with Oslo and Bergen universities. The Faculty of Medicine is responsible for the Innovation & Industry Involvement work group.
The Faculty of Medicine works close with UiO:Life Science, which is an interdisciplinary initiative designed to improve standards and boost the level of interaction in research. The initiative is intended to promote innovation within life sciences related to health and the environment.