Diploma and ceremonial diploma
When the doctoral examination has been approved you will receive two documents as documentary proof of the degree:
1. A diploma with a diploma supplement
2. A ceremonial diploma in Latin
How to collect the diploma
When the diploma has been produced you will receive an e-mail from the faculty administration telling you that the diploma is ready to be collected.
You can collect the diploma at the faculty during the visiting hours between 09.00 and 10.00am, on the third floor at Sogn Arena. Call us when you have arrived, phone numbers are posted on the door.
To receive your diploma you must bring a valid ID. If someone is to pick up the diploma on your behalf, they must bring a written authorization.
When can the diploma be collected
Diplomas are produced approximately once a month.
When your diploma is ready depends on the date of your public defence. Below is an overview of the dates for 2020:
- Date of defence between 16 October 2019 and 10 January: Wednesday 5 February
- Date of defence between 11 January and 10 February: Monday 9 March
- Date of defence between 11 February and 10 March: Wednesday 1 April
- Date of defence between 11 March and 10 April: Monday 4 May
- Date of defence between 11 April and 10 May: Monday 2 June
- Date of defence between 11 May and 10 June: Monday 10 August
- Date of defence between 11 June and 10 August: Tuesday 1 September
- Date of defence between 11 August and 10 September: Tuesday 1 October
- Date of defence between 11 September and 10 October: Monday 2 November
- Date of defence between 11 October and 11 November: Tuesday 1 December
Diplomas that are not collected
Diplomas that are not collected personally will be sent by post. Please remember to update your contact information in Studentweb. Uncollected diplomas will be sent quarterly.
Conferral ceremony and ceremonial diploma
Previously, the diplomas were awarded at the conferral ceremonies, together with the ceremonial diploma in Latin. As of 2020, it is only the ceremonial diploma that will be awarded at the conferral ceremony.
The conferral ceremony takes place four times a year, and it is not mandatory to participate. Doctoral candidates are invited to the ceremony by e-mail approximately five weeks prior to the conferral. If you do not attend the ceremony, the ceremonial diploma will be sent to you by post.