Traumatic stress, forced migration and global mental health
The research group studies mental disorders in vulnerable populations and aims to identify risk factors and explore the influence of cultural factors on diagnosis and treatment of such disorders.
Our aims are to study the prevalence and identify risk factors for psychiatric disorders in vulnerable populations.
We have a special focus on internally displaced persons in low- and middle income countries, and several projects address refugees and trauma exposed clinical populations in Norway.
Our aim is also to explore, conduct research and provide training in transcultural psychiatry.
- The SHOT Study: Study of Health Outcome after Trauma in psychiatric outpatients in Norway and Nepal
- Violence Exposures and Mental Health of Adolescents in Indonesia
- NORPRAT project called Collaboration in higher education in mental health between Nepal and Norway (COMENTH)
- Study of wellbeing and quality of life among Eritrean female refugees living in asylum centers in Norway
- University of Bergen
- University of Tromsø
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Indonesia
- Tribhuvan University, Nepal
- McGill University, Canada