COMENTH - Collaboration in Higher Education in Mental Health between Nepal and Norway
This collaboration aims to enhance the quality of higher education in mental health in Nepal and Norway, and strengthen internationalization of higher education through mobility of 51 master and PhD students and academic personnel.
Department of Psychiatry and Mental Health, Institute of Medicine at Tribhuvan University and Department of Adult Psychiatry, Institute of Clinical Medicine at the University of Oslo has received a NORPART grant for the project “Collaboration in Higher Education in Mental Health between Nepal and Norway”, hereafter referred to as “the COMENTH /NORPART project”.
- Strengthen the partnerships for education and research in mental health between Tribhuvan University in Nepal and the collaborating universities in Norway, through revisions of the master curriculum in clinical psychiatry and clinical psychology, and development of PhD curriculum at the university in Nepal.
- Increase the quality and internationalization of the educational programs in mental health through joint education and training sessions, focusing on clinical, cultural and cross-national aspects in prevention and treatment of mental health, by developing joint courses and research initiatives with implications for clinical- and research practices in both countries.
- To increase mobility of master and PhD students, from Nepal to Norway and Norway to Nepal, including mobility in connection with work placements. The program will provide travel grants and facilitate annual mobility. See our student mobility page for detailed information.
- Tribhuvan University
- University of Bergen
- University of Tromsø
- Oslo University Hospital
- Norwegian Psychiatric Associations
- Kanti Children Hospital
- For Utvikling (FORUT)
- Child Workers in Nepal (CWIN)
Work plan 2019
- Establish administrative staff for the project at Tribhuvan University
- Sign the memorandum of understanding (MoU)
- Hold the 1st Annual Project Meeting in Kathmandu, Nepal with delegates from Norway
- Visit of 5 Nepalese delegates to the University of Oslo
- Selection and submission of an application to a PhD program at the University of Oslo by one faculty member from Tribhuvan University
- Development of the educational module (10 ECT) in cross cultural aspects of mental health, between the University of Bergen and Tribhuvan University
- Launch of the project website
- Hold the 1st meeting for curriculum review of the master program at Tribhuvan University
- Conduct a international course/conference in Kathmandu
- Visit of 1 PhD student from Norway to Nepal for 3 months
- Visit of 1 PhD student from Nepal to Norway for 3 months