Type 2 diabetes and metabolism
Our main focus area of research are causes, development and complications of type 2 diabetes.
About the group
We do clinical and mechanistic studies in obesity, prediabetes and diabetes and participate in large epidemiological register-based studies.
We design and conduct our own studies, perform translational research with collaborating laboratories and participate in multi-centre studies initiated from academic collaborators or sponsored by the pharmaceutical industry.
Our aim is to improve prevention and treatment for type 2 diabetes.
- STORK Groruddalen
- DAPHNE og CVD-REAL
- sObR studies
- Epidemology of Type 2 diabetes in Norway
- Clinical trials
- Research Institute for Internal Medicine, OUH, Bente E. Halvorsen
- Department of Nutrition, UiO, Christian Drevon
- Physical Performance, NIH, Jørgen Jensen
- Morbid obesity, OUH, Tom Mala og Jon Kristinsson
- Medical Physics, OUH and UiO, Christian Tronstad and Department of Physics, UiO, Ørjan G. Martinsen
- Morbid Obesity, SiV and UiO, Jøran Hjelmesæth and Dag Hofsø
- Section for Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Biosciences, UiO, Arild Rustan
- Department of Clinical Molecular Biology (EpiGen), UiO, Yvonne Böttcher
- Chronic Diseases and Ageing, NIPH
- Astra Zeneca Nordic.Baltic, Johan Bodegaard