Implementation of public defence at the Institute of Clinical Medicine
The institute would like to help facilitate to make the public defence a positive experience for both candidate and evaluation committee.
Information about public defence relevant for all PhD candidates at the Faculty of Medicine can be found under trial lecture and public defence.
Below you will find information that only applies to public defence held at the Institute of Clinical Medicine.
The candidate’s tasks
- The candidate must book a venue (Norwegian) for the trial lecture and public defence. Candidates cannot book the venues themselves, but must get in touch with the contact person responsible for room booking (Norwegian).
- The candidate must inform the Group for research training about the booked venues.
- The candidate must make sure that technical support is at hand during trial lecture and public defence, and to make sure that the technical equipment is working as it should. If technical support is required, the candidate must book assistance well in advance of the trial lecture/public defence.
- Light refreshments in connection with trial lecture or public defence are not covered by the Institute of Clinical Medicine.
PhD portrait gallery
- Candidates affiliated to departments with PhD portrait gallery must make an appointment with a photographer at the Medical Photography Section (Norwegian). The department covers the cost of a portrait.
The committee’s tasks
Travel and hotel
- Book travel and hotel. Expenses will be reimbursed after the public defence. Travel and subsistence claim form must be submitted to the Institute of Clinical Medicine: email@example.com Contact senior executive officer Anniken Kjærnet at the Finance section if you have any questions. Travel and hotel expenses are charged to the institute.
- Note: Original receipts for travel and subsistence must be enclosed.
The institute’s tasks
- Assist in booking venues (Norwegian) for trial lecture and public defence. The candidate must contact the person in charge of room booking.
- Assist with practical tasks related to trial lecture and public defence: make sure the auditorium looks presentable, bring the Dean’s robe to the venue and put a tablecloth on the chair of the defence’ table, make sure there is a jug of water and glasses at the venue, place copies of the theses at the venue.
- Oxana Rødnes orders flowers to the candidate. Flowers are covered by the institute.
- Communications adviser Julie Nybakk Kvaal can assist in making the case known to the media and help the candidate prepare for interview.
Institute of Clinical Medicine
- Senior Executive Officer Monica A. Andersen
- Kreftsenteret, Auditorium, Bygg 11: Higher Executive officer Nina Karlsrud, Backup Eric Jon Erlingsson
- Store auditorium, Bygg 6c: Staff Engineer Eric Jon Erlingsson
- Rødt auditorium, Bygg 25: Staff Engineer Alf Otto Sundar, Backup Eric Jon Erlingsson
- Grønt auditorium, Bygg 25: Staff Engineer Alf Otto Sundar, Backup Eric Jon Erlingsson
- Blått auditorium (Øye), Bygg 36: Staff Engineer Eric Jon Erlingsson
- Responsible for technical support of auditoriums and seminar rooms at Ullevål: Staff Engineer Eric Jon Erlingsson
- Senior Executive Officer Oxana Rødnes - booking auditoriums, practical implementation of public defence.
- Chief Research Technician Birgit A. Skjelvik – responsible for technical support, practical implementation of public defence.
- Administrative Manager Barbra Noodt can be contacted regarding public defence at Radiumhospitalet.
- Venue in Forskningsbygget - Anne Uhnger: Anne.Uhnger@rr-research.no
- Other venues at Radiumhospitalet - Arne Jørgen Ryther: AJR@ous-hf.no
- Technical support - Arne Jørgen Ryther: AJR@ous-hf.no