National Graduate-level Research Schools
The Research Council of Norway provides funding to national graduate-level research schools across the country. The research schools are part of an effort to create a better framework for research education.
These schools are designed to supplement existing doctoral degree programmes at the various institutions and their goal is to improve the quality of the PhD education. In addition, the research schools should contribute to the internationalization of research education in Norway.
Each school consists of a network of institutions that have entered into a binding cooperation on PhD education in a specific field. The participating institutions collaborate on PhD courses, seminars, summer schools and the like, with reciprocal use of their respective laboratory facilities in fields where this is relevant.
The research schools can thus provide broader-based research education than each individual institution can on its own.
National research schools hosted by the faculty
- The Norwegian Research School in General Practice (NAFALM)
- Norwegian PhD School of Heart Research (Norheart)
- Forskerskolen for de kommunale helse- og omsorgstjenestene (MUNI-HEALTH-CARE) (in Norwegian)
National research schools where the faculty is partner
Host institution in brackets.
- Norwegian Research School in Medical Imaging (MedIm) - UiB
- Norwegian Research School in Neuroscience (NRSN) - NTNU
- National research school in population based epidemiology (EPINOR) - UiT
- National research school in bioinformatics, biostatistics and systems biology (NORBIS) - UiB
- Norwegian Research School of Global Health (NRSGH) - NTNU