- Our group has had an active role in the development of the Verona Codes for Emotional Sequences (Zimmermann et al., 2011; Del Piccolo et al., 2011) and has applied the method in a series of studies (Heyn et al., Vatne et al and others).
- Analysis of patterns of clinician responses to patients’ concerns in cancer care (Finset et al., 2013)
- Model of emotion regulation and proposed neurobiological mechanisms in medical consultations (Finset & Mjaaland, 2009)
Communication skills training
- Development and evaluation of communication skills training in general practice (Mjaaland and Finset 2009; Stensrud et al., 2014; Lundeby et al., 2015)
- Implementation and evaluation of The Four Habits communications skills training model in a large general hospital (Jensen et al., 2011; Gulbrandsen et al., 2013)
Follow-up of survivors of childhood, adolescent and young adult cancer
- Analyses of follow-up consultations and information needs in follow-up care for young cancer survivors (Mellblom et al., 2014, Lie et al., 2015)
Communication in medical education
- Studies of communication skills among Norwegian medical students. The EKKO-study, a large multi-center study led by Tore Gude (Gude et al., 2007; Gude et al, 2009).