Institute for Experimental Medical Research
The Institute is part of Division of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Diseases (HLK) at both Oslo University Hospital and the Institute of Clinical Medicine at University of Oslo.
The research groups at the institute all focus on cardiovascular diseases.
During the recent years, the institute has taken a translational approach, pursuing both basic research and clinical studies on disease mechanisms.
The institute also hosts three regional technological core facilities, offering service to the regional and national research community.
IEMR hosts seven research groups
- Advanced translational cardiac imaging
Group leader: Professor Ivar Sjaastad
- Cellular and molecular biology of myocardial hypertrophy and heart failure
Group leader: Professor Geir Christensen
- Cardiaomyocyte function in health & disease
Group leader: Professor William Louch
- The endocrine function of the heart
Group leader: Professor Alessandro Cataliotti
- Experimental Genetic Cardiology
Group leader: Ida Gjervold Lunde
- Molecular mechanisms of signal transduction in Heart
Group leader: Cathrine Rein Carlson
- Translational arrhythmology and electrophysiology
Group leader: Mathis Korsberg Stokke
Associated research groups
- Myocardial remodeling and reverse remodeling in pressure overload
Group leader: Professor Theis Tønnessen