Many research groups at the Faculty of Medicine need advanced research infrastructure. The Faculty has core facilities and other infrastructure to meet this need.
A core facility has particularly expensive research equipment that is made widely available to researchers outside the unit. This can be achieved by giving outside users access to the equipment, or facility employees can do the experiments for them.
The core facilities are part of the University's research infrastructure (Norwegian). The Faculty participate in approximately 20 core facilities. Many of them are run in tight collaboration with Oslo University Hospital and other institutions.
Core facilities at the University of Oslo
- Core facilities at The Faculty of Medicine
- All Core facilities at the University of Oslo (Norwegian)
Core facilities at other research institutions
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
- University of Bergen (UiB)
- University Hospital of North Norway (UNN) (Norwegian)
- Oslo University Hospital (OUS)
- Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU)